Celframe Free Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cloud, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeolis

Aeolis Registered Member

Hello folks,

I think it would be wise to call Immunet folks at their forum and ask them their opinion about this "similarity" between the two softwares.

See you later,

Aeolis

2. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

What Engine does Celframe Free Antivirus use?

Celframe Antivirus Free Global Community Edition uses 2 (two) engine as its dual engine technology;

Traditional style antivirus engine
    Cloud technology antivirus engine

Both of the above mentioned engines are built by Celframe Security Labs - Team, to deliver a perfect balanced solution and technology to fight againts threats.

http://celframe.com/supportsuite/in.../what-engine-does-celframe-free-antivirus-use

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I got a similar answer when I asked what scanning engines do they use-
    answer:
    I asked what scanning methodology does the cloud engine use and if Cellframe uses their own signatures. Awaiting answer.

4. acr1965

I got a message that CellFrame also develops their own signatures as well as having their own scanning engine as they have been in the security business for 3rd parties for over a decade. Also, that the cloud scanning was a combo of two methods which cannot be revealed.

5. Technical

Technical Registered Member

6. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

Traditional style antivirus engine= ClamAV
    Cloud technology antivirus engine= Immunet

I don't know why they just don't tell the truth, I'm betting that it is a licensed clone of Immunet Protect.

Thanks.:)

7. acr1965

It would be interesting what detection percentage Immunet would show on the same malware samples set, maybe the exact same percentage? Also, would be interesting to see the names given to the different malware when they are flagged, to see if they are the same as Immunet free/paid version or Clam av or what.

8. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Celframe, never heard of it (which means very little o/c) but I had to check out their site.
    Apparantly they've started out with their own 'Celframe Office suite'.

Celframe claims that even Microsoft themselves sell (have sold?) Celframe Office;
    'Is it true that Microsoft is selling your products and have given your product a 5 star rating?
    Posted by woo on 10 March 2010 05:59 AM
    Yes, it is true! As shocking as it may sound to you, this proves that our product meets world class standards and even a company like Microsoft is reselling our products in the online e-commerce stores and several Microsoft vendors are retailing celframe products. Do visit wxw.windowsmarketplace.com and type "celframe" in their product search and you will know more.
    ' link

I've searched MS Marketplace; now known as 'The Microsoft store' high and low but all I get is an 'Sorry, no results were found.'
    Quite a unique company (besides MS) if they can make office suites and security software.

9. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I agree with you.. Its seems they are not using their own in-house engine. They are just trying to promote their free AV so that soon they can launch their paid version.. Its a simple marketing trick.

10. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

List of unique companies (that I know):

Ashampoo
    Celframe
    Kingsoft
    Microsoft

@AvinashR If that is the case, convince them to implement certain components into the free version before its too late. Help them to build a unique comparison chart, a better alternative to Immunet (like ZenOK is turning into a decent free alternative to BitDefender). ;) The program is new and so they are expecting feedback. :argh: I bet they were excited and jumped for job when strangers started posting on their facebook page, asking random questions. :D

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  11. Jose_Lisbon

Jose_Lisbon Registered Member

12. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.