CDA to MP3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

My Grandson received an MP3 Player for Christmas and has asked me to load some music for him. Problem is the converter, Format Factory, I have will not convert CDA to MP3. And, I am afraid to download a converter from just any site. Does anyone know of a safe site that I could download such a "free" coverter program from. As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

http://www.easy-video-converter.com/

iWisoft Free Video Converter

I have used it and it compares favorably to FormatFactory

Input-

Video: AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, FLV, MKV, DivX, XviD, MOV, RM, RMVB, M4V, VOB, ASF, 3GP, 3G2, H.261, H.263, H.264, DV, DIF, MJPG, MJPEG, DVR-MS, NUT, QT, YUV, DAT, MPV, NSV, DPG
    AVCHD Video (*.mts, *.m2ts), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (*.mp4), MPEG2 HD Video (*.mpg; *.mpeg), MPEG-4 TS HD Video (*.ts), MPEG-2 TS HD Video (*.ts), Quick Time HD Video (*.mov), WMV HD Video (*.xwmv), Audio-Video Interleaved HD Video (*.avi)
    Audio: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, CDA, OGG, FLAC, APE, CUE, M4A, RA, RAM, AC3, MP2, AIFF, AU, MPA, SUN AU Format

Output-

Video: AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, FLV, H.264/MPEG-4, DivX, XviD, MOV, RMVB, ASF, 3GP, 3G2, SWF, VOB, TS, DV, DPG H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (*.mp4), MPEG2 HD Video (*.mpg; *.mpeg), MPEG-4 TS HD Video (*.ts), MPEG-2 TS HD Video (*.ts), Quick Time HD Video (*.mov), WMV HD Video (*.wmv), Audio-Video Interleaved HD Video (*.avi)
    Audio: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, OGG, FLAC, APE, M4A, RA, AC3, MP2, AIFF, AMR, SUN AU Format
    Image: Animated GIF, BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG

Supported Devices-

Devices: iPod, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod shuffle, iPod touch iPhone, iPhone 3G, Apple TV
    PSP, NDS, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii
    General 3GP mobile phone, BlackBerry, Gphone, Palm Pre, etc.
    General MP4 players: Zune, Walkman, Archos, Creative Zen, iRiver, etc.
    Window Mobile device: Pocket PC, Dell Player, HP iPAQ, etc.

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

CDA files found on a CD are NOT the audio files. It's just how Windows displays the WAV files on a CD. You need to rip the files from the CD using something like Cudni lists. (I use BonkEnc http://www.bonkenc.org/ but any of these should work )

5. daray

daray Registered Member

Exact Audio Copy (already mentioned above) is my preferred app (with LAME for mp3s).

6. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

7. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

As pointed out by a previous poster .cda files only contain information that points to the actual CD (PCM) tracks. You do not need a converter. You need a ripper. I am sure Format Factory will be able to handle it. You need to choose the option to rip a CD to mp3.

You can also use windows media player, found free on all windows versions, and rip your CD to mp3.

8. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

9. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Thank you people, these were a really great/free software to try, was looking for these.....CHEERS
    THANK YOU::thumb:

10. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

It's good to try a couple to see which one most fits your needs.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.