CD vs Download on Raxco and support/maintenance package

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Peter2150, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi All

Since the question came up about the difference in purchase price with Raxco, I thought I'd call them.

1) CD vs Download. Yes the price difference is real. It is based on the huge quantify the resellers buy. The same support that comes with purchaseing the license from Raxco also comes with the CD purchase. The difference is ordering the CD of course you pay shipping, and also have to wait. Likewise if you wanted the extended download rights and extended support you have to buy them if you buy the CD just like you would if you download from Raxco.

2) Extended Download and maintenance package. I commented on this in a post somewhere without realizing I'd actually put the package on a power pack I purchased. You all might think I am nuts but given the support I've gotten from Raxco I don't mind giving them a few bucks to help support their support effort. I called to inquiring about putting the whole package of 4 licenses I have under one umbrella and ended up with a coupon that made the 2 year plan on 4 licenses cheaper then 1 year on 2 licenses.

I continue to maintain Raxco is a class act with class act software.

Pete

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

That's great info to know Peter ! I have 6 licenses in all now (and 6 of FD-ISR), and I wondered if I could do something like that. I'll give them a call !

P.S. Well scratch that, they close at 5:30 Eastern US time, so I'll just email sales@raxco.com

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Peter,

I do appreciate the time you took and the effort to talk to your contact at Raxco.
    And share your information with us.

Thank you, Peter

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You are most welcome. The folks at Raxco have always been great to me. Combine that with great software........

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.