CD Utility Toolbox Requests

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by spooker4u, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooker4u

spooker4u Registered Member

Been tossing around the idea of creating a CD or Thumb-drive with stand-alone utilities to use on "wounded" computers... such things as anti-virus, trojan scanners, etc... anything that I would be able to use in a safe-mode or cmd enviornment. I've had the "pleasure" of having to fix computers with no internet connection, or access to specific programs already installed. Although I've had this idea for a while, I'm very interested in knowing what anyone feels would be good programs to have to fix the "nasties" out there (I know, I know... i'm not being specific as to the type/form of nasties, but then again... I/you wouldn't know that untill you needed the utility dist ;-)

2. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

3. spooker4u

spooker4u Registered Member

SpikeyB,

That site was great... was un-aware that someone has put (obviously) a whole lot more thought into it that I had...Thanks much!

That shouldn't surprise me though... This idea of a bootable CD is a good one, but I'm still pursuing the idea of having a (similar) set of utilities that an individual could use that may not necessary include anything bootable, or even (for that matter) including anything M$. Don't know though... still looking for other replies to the post.

4. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

5. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.