CD RW Drive Not Recognized

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thwest, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thwest

thwest Registered Member

I am using True Image 8.0, Build 903. I am using Windows XP SP2 Professional. When I try to create a bootable rescue disk, the program recognizes, and thus lists, only my floppy drive. It refuses to recognize my CD RW drive. No other software or anything else on my computer has any problem recognizing my CD RW drive, which is made by Plextor. Separately but related, the dialog box that presents my available choices of media is fixed and not resizable. As a result, I cannot access any but the first item in the list, which happens to be my floppy drive.

Thanks for any help.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello thwest,

Sometimes these sort of problems can be caused by a bad install. Try uninstalling TI followed by a reboot and re-install.

My dialogue box is also fixed but, as it's fairly big, I can't see it inhibiting any removable media selection. How does yours differ from the screenshot below (other than it wont be showing a CD-RW drive).

Regards

Attached Files:

3. thwest

thwest Registered Member

It differs in that the big white area in which the available drives are listed is very small vertically, such that only the floppy drive appears on the list.

Meanwhile, it turns out that the floppy drive WAS the only drive listed. This is because I tried to create the image on an XP account that does not administrator privilege. The program doesn't complain about not having administrator privilege; it just acts quirky and unpredictably.

It is my belief that the issue of administrator privilege should be clearly documented.

Thanks for your help.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thwest,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following?

- Start command prompt;
    - Go to \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord folder;
    - Run "cdrecord –scanbus > scanbus.txt" command and collect the scanbus.txt file.

Please also make a screen shot of Acronis True Image 8.0 window which does not show your CD-RW drive in the list of the available devices.

Create a Windows system information (*.NFO file) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Send these files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.