CD Boot Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by a_harrah, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a_harrah

a_harrah Registered Member

I have an HP pavillion XH 535 laptop. I am using the trial version of TI that I downloaded from the Acronis site a few days ago. The software works fine however when I try to use the rescue cd, like many other have, I recieve the "Starting Acronis loader" and then a "boot failed" message. I have not been able to use the F11 work around as using that key at the "starting acronis" seems to do nothing. (cd works fine in a destop I have)

I flashed my bios to the latest version and nothing was different. I read in another post that some HP's won't boot off of non-dos media. I have a Phoenix bios.

Any thoughts or ideas?

AH

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello a_harrah,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The F11 key should work always. Please note that you need to press it when you get "Starting Acronis Loader" message, i.e. before the blue Acronis splashscreen. This will allow you to get to Linux Kernel Settings and modify it as described at Acronis Help Post.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.