ccleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hyatt69, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyatt69

hyatt69 Registered Member

i have ccleaner installed and have certain items checked to clean(not everything is checked for deletion)when i reboot and open ccleaner everything is always checked?
    windows vista home premium

2. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

hyatt69, what CCleaner version number are you using? The latest is Version 2.11.636. Perhaps you should remove and reinstall to see if the issue goes away.

@Kyle,
    I know you are trying to push your own cleaner product, but it still in Beta, and this poster asked for help with CCleaner, not for an alternative. Just as your product does not need installation so does CCleaner CCleaner v2.11.636 - Portable, if that was your intention for posting in this thread.

4. hyatt69

im using latest version and i tried uninstall-reinstall and does the same thing,would it have anything to do with the uac in vista?

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Did you disable UAC before installing CCleaner and then re-enable UAC?
    How about when you change your check marks and close CCleaner, then open it again - does it keep your settings?

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

hyatt69, any progress?

7. hyatt69

sorry for late reply,i switched off the uac and so far it has kept the settings.

8. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

hyatt69, that's good news, however, I hope that UAC was enabled after installing CCleaner so it can warn you about other items.

9. hyatt69

i just enabled uac and so far so good

10. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Great to hear that UAC is back on! If you find the same problem with CCleaner later on, there are other things to try, so don't give up and just let us know! Take care.

11. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

for argument sake, are you suggesting to disable UAC for any installs or is it specific to CCleaner as the poster is having problems?

12. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Osaban, no argument intended. The reason why I suggested disabling UAC is because there are programs that require administrator privileges to install and if UAC is enabled (operating as a standard user), UAC will not allow access to the Registry.

Sounded like CCleaner was not getting that access, in order to establish its settings, thus my suggestion to disable UAC prior to installation and then to re-enable UAC for continuous protection. I only offer this approach if the program is legit and well known, otherwise I would never ask to turn off UAC for any unknown program. Hope that I have answered your question.

Here's a good read: User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.