CCleaner Slim & Anti-Malware Scan Times

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TheKid7, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Cleaning Infected PC's: What has been your experience with Anti-Malware scan times before and after installing and running CCleaner Slim? Also, would it be better to use the CCleaner portable version or the CCleaner slim version?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I haven't noticed any difference in scan times with my anti-malware. I'm not even sure CCleaner would have any effect on it. I use the full version myself (not sure why they offer a "slim version with no toolbar"..I can uncheck a box or two in the full version and have no toolbar). I'm guessing the choice between Slim and Portable is you, meaning do you want the program installed in its "normal" place and to write to the registry and all, or not?

3. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

I've never noticed any difference. When cleaning pc's I run the portable version. The Slim version is the same installer as the full one but just w/o the toolbar that's it.

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

I have better experience in cleaning system after using CCleaner as it cleans caches and temporary files (usually infected). I also use Active@Boot CD to delete unnecessary folders (system volume info and recycle bin folder).

5. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

To reduce the Time of the Anti-Malware Scanners, I always use CCleaner to remove Junk as much as possible.
    If a PC doesn't have CCleaner, I install the Slim version.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  6. Yakuman

Yakuman Registered Member

I always use portable version as I'm a portable junkie :). Even less crap on that because it stores its settings in a .ini file vs registry.

7. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

:thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.