CCleaner possible warning

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CloneRanger, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

A friend of mine started using CCleaner and had Last Download Location ticked.

cc.gif

According to him this completely wiped out his itunes collection, as that was where he last downloaded to before using CCleaner. He only realised what had happened days later when trying to access his files and they wern't there, and began a working backwards in time diagnosis.

As he lives in another country i can't actually verify this was the cause, and i don't have itunes, but i thought i'd offer it up as a talking point to see what you think.

If it's correct, then this could be a big problem for all sorts of things with that option ticked.

2. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

dont think last download location wouldve deleted his songs....im using ccleaner with itunes on my secondary computer and all my songs are stll here.

and the last download location is only for internet explorer so he probably did something else to delete his music collection

3. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I use ccleaner and itunes, and I routinely check that box. That has never happened to me.

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I've used that option too for a long time. Never any side effects (although I don't run iTunes (and never will!)). I agree with wutsup, it really makes no sense. They are not related in any way...

5. stackz

stackz Registered Member

With Last Download Location, CCleaner only removes the record held in the registry - there is no file cleaning involved.

6. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Thanks all :thumb:

Looks like he was mistaken, and needs to look elsewhere for the culprit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.