CCleaner 5.01.5075

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by stapp, Dec 18, 2014.

1. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Interesting, I have recently started to have daily BSOD, when I think about it, it is about the same time CCleaner 5 was released. I have reinstalled and I will see.

3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

People make suggestions on the CCleaner forum all the time but they mostly go ignored. Hopefully they'll do something with that dreadful new interface but I'm not holding my breath. If history is any indicator, they'll just keep making changes nobody asked for.

4. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

I just stopped using it and made my own batch file to clean the temp folders and Software Distribution download folder where all the Windows updates are downloaded. Done! no more CCleaner

5. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Just use Bleachbit or Glary.

6. TairikuOkami

Can you please send it to me? I have tried to create it, but when I did it, it always deleted files in the folder, where the batch file was located as well. :argh:

7. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

On Vista, CCleaner's getting where it fails to show Thumbnail Cache on analysis. I either have to reboot or use Windows disk cleaner. This is so annoying, I think I'm gonna try Wise Cleaner for awhile and see if it does it too or if it's just CCleaner.

8. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

There are 2,

Temp Files Cleanup:

Cleans up the Temp folder in the C:\Windows\Temp
    Cleans up the c:\users\yourusername\temp
    Cleans up the Software Distribution folder where all the Windows updates are downloaded, but after they are installed, Windows doesn't delete them and they are no longer needed. Only run the file after you have rebooted if you installed Windows updates

To create the batch file, simply open a notepad, then paste the below text, then name it "Temp Files Cleanup.bat"

DEL /S /F /Q "%temp%\*" 1>nul 2>nul
    DEL /S /F /Q %systemroot%\temp\* 1>nul 2>nul
    DEL /S /F /Q %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download\* 1>nul 2>nul
    for /f %%i in ('"dir /s /b /ad "%temp%"" 2^>nul') do RD /S /Q %%i 1>nul 2>nul
    for /f %%i in ('"dir /s /b /ad %windir%\temp" 2^>nul') do RD /S /Q %%i 1>nul 2>nul
    for /f %%i in ('"dir /s /b /ad %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download" 2^>nul') do RD /S /Q %%i 1>nul 2>nul

System Files Cleanup:

Cleans up all the above mentioned folder in addition to some extras like the system logs, .NET Framework temp files, etc.

To create the batch file, simply open a notepad, then paste the below text, then name it "System Cleanup.bat"

@Echo off
    title .
    color 1F
    openfiles >nul 2>&1
    if %errorlevel% NEQ 0 goto :UACPrompt
    goto :gotAdmin
    :UACPrompt
    echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    echo UAC.ShellExecute "%~fs0", "", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    exit /b
    :gotAdmin
    DEL /S /F /Q "%temp%\*" 1>nul 2>nul
    DEL /S /F /Q %systemroot%\temp\* 1>nul 2>nul
    DEL /S /F /Q %systemroot%\inf\*.log 1>nul 2>nul
    DEL /S /F /Q %systemroot%\Logs\CBS\* 1>nul 2>nul
    DEL /S /F /Q %systemroot%\Logs\DPX\* 1>nul 2>nul
    DEL /S /F /Q %systemroot%\Logs\DISM\* 1>nul 2>nul
    DEL /S /F /Q %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\*.log 1>nul 2>nul
    DEL /S /F /Q %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\*.log 1>nul 2>nul
    if exist %systemroot%\SysWOW64\cmd.exe DEL /S /F /Q %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\*.log 1>nul 2>nul
    if exist %systemroot%\SysWOW64\cmd.exe DEL /S /F /Q %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\*.log 1>nul 2>nul
    DEL /S /F /Q %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download\* 1>nul 2>nul
    RD /S /Q "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue" 1>nul 2>nul
    for /f %%i in ('"dir /s /b /ad "%temp%"" 2^>nul') do RD /S /Q %%i 1>nul 2>nul
    for /f %%i in ('"dir /s /b /ad %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download" 2^>nul') do RD /S /Q %%i 1>nul 2>nul
    for /f %%i in ('"dir /s /b /ad %windir%\temp" 2^>nul') do RD /S /Q %%i 1>nul 2>nul

9. TairikuOkami

Thank you, going to play with it right now. ;)

10. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

It works 100%, doesn't screw up windows indexing like cleaner and no more errors on event viewer

11. TairikuOkami

Thanks I have finally made something working, I have simplified it a little to suite my needs, I have even added cleaning my browser. :)

regedit.exe /s D:\S.reg
    del "C:\$Recycle.bin\*" /s /f /q
    del "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\*" /s /f /q
    del "%temp%\*" /s /f /q
    del "%systemroot%\temp\*" /s /f /q
    del "%LocalAppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\*" /s /f /q
    del "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Cache\*" /s /f /q
    del "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\GPUCache\*" /s /f /q
    del "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\JumpListIconsOld\*" /s /f /q
    del "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Media Cache\*" /s /f /q
    del "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Tablo Cache\*" /s /f /q
    timeout /t -1
    shutdown /s

12. SweX

SweX Registered Member

If you don't like the new and fancy stuff use an older version, I still haven't updated from V4.17.4808.

13. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

14. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Yeah, I pretty much got fed up with v5 for more than just the puke UI.

I reverted back to 4.19.

Anyhow, that change got a firewall alert and reminded me CCleaner on startup always connects to feedly.net (maybe different elsewhere from USA).

Way back when this started, their forum reported this was to check for updates (OK if you want, of course) and to validate the Pro version.

But, I’ve never used the Pro version and I’ve always had “check for updates” disabled. Yet it still phones home. And always gets a persistent block in the fw.

Love the app, winapp2.ini, and the ability to dig in and tweak, but they went overboard with v5.0. Maybe I'll give 5.1 a shot.

Cheers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.