CCeaner- do you use its other features?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AaLF, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Under "options", I like the ability to indicate which cookies I want to save. So when I delete cookies, I retain the few that I want.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

The registry cleaner is not safe to use unless you uncheck "Obsolete Software" In rare cases programs actually need empty software keys and won't work if they are deleted. But from my experience the other options are completely safe to leave checked.

When it comes to cleaning junk with CCleaner I uncheck all privacy/history cleaning options, as these are items I would never ever want to clean. I think CCleaners needs to have the option to uncheck all of these with one click.

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Also I feel the need to add that there is never any need to clean the registry - almost all registry errors do not cause any slow down or problems and can quite safely be left in place.

If you want to clean the registry that's up to you, but just bear in mind it is not an essential or needed part of Windows maintenance.

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I agree Roger_M. I mostly use the registry cleaner when I'm looking to remove specific keys and I'm just too lazy to get them myself. It's helpful for trial software/ other things that leave keys to check up on later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.