Caution on renewal or upgrade to v3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Jfnjfn, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jfnjfn

Jfnjfn Registered Member

Going along with previous version. Expiration notice comes up but even though user and password are loaded in and have always worked. NOD says it is no good now. Therefore it would not allow me to renewal on line.

In the meantime. My outlook 07 freezes up and receives but DOES not allow outbound email.

This was sequential. Fiirst one user account on the machine goes this way, one day later the other user outlook goes dead to outbound.

Figured out it is the NOD that is preventing outbound scanning. So because of the failures to allow me to renew on line I went out and bought hard copy. This is v3. Now one user on the computer lets outlook send emails the other does not.

I message I get is nod emon.dll add in is disabled by outlook. I am thinking that outlook is looking for 2.7 dll and I have 3.0 dll so to outlook it is not working.

Very frustrating to firstly not be able to update on line and then to have this problem with searching for versions of dll. Seems to be a problem as I see other posts about this. What is solution to get the second user up and running so they can send out email.

I have many many NOD's licenses in my companies but if these trojan horses are in the set up, perhaps I need a more customer friendly antivirus.

Anybody have any ideas?

Joe in Phillyo_O

2. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, try this:

-Open Outlook and go to Tools -> Trust Center -> Add-ins.
    -Select 'Exchange Client Extensions' from the 'Manage' drop-down menu at the bottom and click 'Go'.
    -Deselect the 'Nod32' check box if it is selected.
    -Click Ok and restart Outlook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.