caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown>

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Christophermarkis, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christophermarkis

Christophermarkis Registered Member

I am running W98se and have SpywareBlaster in my "startup", minimized. Everytime it attempts to start it gets an error"SpyWareBlaster caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:00000015"
    On my other PC, it is 0000:00000009

However, if I set it for "normal window" start, it comes up fine.
    I'm not happy seeing an "unknown" anything on my PC's.

Anyone having this, any suggestions?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

3. Christophermarkis

Hi Bubba,
    I would not think SpyBlaster is a "use once" back in 1980, no more worries for the rest of the PC's life, type of product (?). I realize it can be closed after it is run, however, once the PC is rebooted, I'm not desirous to manually run it and other things to make sure the PC is covered after the reboot. AND, I prefer not to "assume" Microsoft didn't change something during Window's re-initialization .......

If there were a way to program SpyBlaster to exit after it runs, then I would not mind it being in a normal window when it does run.:D Until that option, I would like to run it minimized so it's out of the way (Yes, it does run properly from startup when in a normal window - Yes, I do like the product very much).

Sincerely,
    C. :thumb:

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

To each his own and it is none of my business if someone wishes to wrongly place Spywareblaster in a minimize state on start-up and contribute to an "invalid page fault" error. However....for those that wish to use the program properly....I'll continue explaining to them that once the items a user wishes to protect are selected they are then merged into the registry. At which time the program can be closed.

As for your comment of...."Microsoft didn't change something during Window's re-initialization"....I'll only state that in all many years not only with the Spywareblaster program but Microsoft as a whole....concerning myself with MS monkeying with IE's Restricted Zone entries or blocked cookie entries would never be fathomed. There would be a back lash that MS had never seen before stretched across manyyy Security Forums if that was ever to happen.

Bubba

5. Christophermarkis

My son rebooted one of our PC's, the one he uses for "his gaming" (hardware configured specifically for him). It came up without Spyblaster (due to that error). Within an hour, he was complaining that each time he attempted to open Mozilla, or run "chat" the system would grind to a hault and the default webpage ended up being some "unacceptable" redirect. Upon seeing this, I attempted to "manually" start Spyblaster (window mode) and it failed to start, toooo quickly flashing some error as it died. Tried this several times, same results. Asked my son to shutdown, it hung with a small window showing a process "blank name" (no name listed). asking if you wanted to wait, or close the process. After several attempts to close and shutdown, we power cycled the PC and upon logging back in, quickly started Spyblaster. He had no problems with his applications and websites afterwards. This is why I want to have Spyblaster start immediately on my PC's. :thumb: Now he loves Spyblaster, too. :thumb: :thumb:

I'd also like to know what this "unknown" process as well as this "no name" (no name shown) process is that seems to show up in our PC's, and AVG, nor Spybot seem to do anything about?

Anyone familiar with these? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.