Cash for clunkers, cars.gov stealing personal data?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Hiker, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

One of the major changes that was made from what Glenn Beck reported on was the steps on logging in. There is no longer a "Submit Transaction" button. The use warning is displayed on the log in page, I would guess the privacy act statement is presented after logging in. I doubt very much they are data mining; however, that statement on their log in page is the bothersome part and a major reason for not logging in.

Emphasis mine

This is not the standard government web site usage/monitoring statement, in fact it is quite unusual. By logging in you have given consent to government ownership of your computer. I have occasions were need to log in to government web sites I have never seen such a broad and encompassing statement before.

The submit transaction part is once again missing from the web site. Perhaps due to being out of money and no long accepting transaction or perhaps another redesign?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.