CASE FANS

Discussion in 'hardware' started by DVD+R, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I wonder if someone can clear up this question o_O I have the Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case (Standard model: No front fan) which has just the 120mm exhaust fan at the rear. On the left side panel are 2 sections that have been drilled out, I suppose for Air flow, an oblong section at the bottom, and a hexagonal section directly oposite the CPU, this is where I have installed an 80mm Antec Tri Cool 3 speed fan, the question is, because this case does not have a front intake fan, should I have the Antec Tri Cool blowing inwards, or blowing outwards? Personally my original idea was to have it blowing outwards as a second exhaust, that way both Rear and side would suck air in through the front panel vents, however I'm not sure if this is going to be possitive Airflow :doubt: I've called the store I bought it from, and another to ask the same question, but both get the Idea I'm asking about replacing the rear exhaust, I think they are misunderstanding (or on drugs :p )

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

if the antec is a side fan it should point inwards. and im surprised ther would no front fan...i do crazy overclocking with things like dry ice and ln2 etc.. let me look at this case and see..

edit yeah i see no front fan though it looks like if you could do any custome work it would be to hard to move the hdd back a bit and put a front fan in, so the side fan should point inwards bringing air down to the cpu and of course the rear one should suck it out of the case.

3. axial

axial Registered Member

The silentpcreview.com articles and forums have great hardware information. Excellent signal-to-noise relationship in the forums, too, and all without getting too far out on the bleeding edge.

While their original emphasis was silencing hardware, they are also concerned with maximizing airflow for good performance.

4. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

Negative vs positive case pressure. Intake vs Outtake
    You need to balance the 2. ! intake and 2 smaller outtakes are fine. But do not let the one over power the other

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I decided to ditch the side panel fan, as it's annoying listening to it, so I have now 2 blue 120mm LED front intake (medium speed), 1 blue 120mm LED rear exhaust, and 1 blue 140mm LED top exhaust.(medium speed) my system idles at a nice 34-36 degrees :cool:

6. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.