Carbonite Conflict & NOD32 v3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by hiptech, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiptech

hiptech Registered Member

I just updated from NOD32 v2.7 to v3 in hopes of eliminating a problem I'm having with Carbonite. It seems every time I right click on a file I want Carbonite to back up (or not) there is about 3 minute period where the Win Explorer pane freezes up.

I did a search for any related conflicts here between Carbonite and NOD32 settings but found very little info. I've been using Carbonite since August and only recently started experiencing this.

I've done numerous things like restore the WinXP image to a time when I first built the system (boy all those MS updates are a killer) and a bunch of other things.

The only success I had was after removing v2.7 and installing v3 and didn't experience any more problems... until I set v3 with BlackSpears settings and now I am back where I started. Tried working with Carbonite support but they are not very helpful with this one.

So far I changed the real time file system protections settings in NOD 32 > ThreatSense engine parameter settings by unchecking: Options - Advanced Heuristics, Potentially unwanted applications and Potentially unsafe applications but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.