Capture text in v2.0

Discussion in 'EULAlyzer Forum' started by daddybear, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddybear

daddybear Registered Member

Good Evening Everyone

I have recently upgraded from EULAlyzer v1.0 to v2.0 but can not get the "+" function to work for Text Capture as before in v1.0'

The release notes for v2.0 state:-

"Version 2.0 includes faster performance an improved "Capture Text" method, enhanced automatic EULA detection in EULA-Watch (supports more installers)"

I am obviously doing something wrong here as, although I can "copy and paste" text, I am unable to now use the previous system of capture with the"+".

Can someone please help me out?

Regards

daddybear.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

The "+" Capture Text method has changed slightly in the new release.

Specifically, the EULAlyzer window now disappears when you click and drag the "+" icon to another window. The key is to keep the left mouse button held down, and drag the mouse to over the text you want to capture.

In short:

1.) Position the mouse cursor over the "+" icon and press down on the left mouse button. The EULAlyzer window should minimize/disappear.
    2.) Keep the left mouse button held down, and position the "+" cursor over the text you'd like to capture.
    3.) Release the left mouse button. The EULAlyzer window should reappear with the captured text.

Is the process as described above not working in some way for you? (i.e. The window doesn't disappear, you get an error saying the text can't be captured, etc.) If so, it would also be useful to know what version of Windows you're running, and what security/privacy software you have installed (which could potentially interfere, although I haven't come across any that does yet).

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

The main window of EULAlyzer moving out of the way in v2 when dragging the "plus" to the text to be captured is good but the new little window that pops up right in the big middle of the text I want to capture is very annoying.

Attached Files:

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

We're working on improvements to that as well, of course. :)

However two neat little notes:
    1.) We sized that info window as small as possible, so that all license agreements we've come across (in installers) are larger and thus visible.
    2.) You can actually let go of the left mouse button with the "+" cursor over that little window, and it will capture whatever is directly beneath it. :D

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.