Capsa for WiFi - No network adapter found

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by jf2go, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jf2go

jf2go Registered Member

I installed Capsa for Wifi, but unfortunately I cannot get it working. The installation completed without errors, but I am getting "No network adapter found" in the UI. I installed Capsa on my HP laptop running Win7 Pro x64. The built-in wireless adapter is a Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN. I also tried my Alfa USB wireless adapter that has a Realtek RTL8187 chip, but it was not detected either. BTW, sorry if I double-posted - I didn't know whether to post here or at the other Colasoft support forum.

2. jf2go

jf2go Registered Member

I discovered what was causing the problem with no network adapters being found. The issue was related to the number of NIC filter drivers I have installed on my Win7 machine. The limit is 8, and the Colasoft filter driver would not install (it does not report an installation failure - everything appears fine). Fortunately, the value is adjustable in the registry and when I increased the value and re-installed Capsa, everything worked fine.

3. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi jf2go,

Thanks for letting us know. Your information is important and we are investigating on it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.