Capsa for WiFi - No network adapter found

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by jf2go, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jf2go

jf2go Registered Member

I installed Capsa for Wifi, but unfortunately I cannot get it working. The installation completed without errors, but I am getting "No network adapter found" in the UI. I installed Capsa on my HP laptop running Win7 Pro x64. The built-in wireless adapter is a Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN. I also tried my Alfa USB wireless adapter that has a Realtek RTL8187 chip, but it was not detected either. BTW, sorry if I double-posted - I didn't know whether to post here or at the other Colasoft support forum.
  2. jf2go

jf2go Registered Member

I discovered what was causing the problem with no network adapters being found. The issue was related to the number of NIC filter drivers I have installed on my Win7 machine. The limit is 8, and the Colasoft filter driver would not install (it does not report an installation failure - everything appears fine). Fortunately, the value is adjustable in the registry and when I increased the value and re-installed Capsa, everything worked fine.
  3. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi jf2go,

Thanks for letting us know. Your information is important and we are investigating on it. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.