cant use restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bm1, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walt s

walt s Registered Member

I'm sure they will fix it bm1 ...I have now been sent a (cyrillic text ) ISO that seems to work fine. A new build will take longer, but I now have my PC mostly set up as I want it so I don't rely on speedy recovery as much either.

Now I've done a little homework on JMB363 drivers I can also see it hasn't been made easy for Acronis; JMicron drivers have been causing grief to the Linux kernel team ( something to do with load order and contention with ich7/8 series intel drivers ?? ), but also even the windows drivers have odd quirks ( some DVD writers fail to close discs properly with Nero etc ).

Basically it seems the JMB363 was launched before it was properly ready, possibly because it gave Intel a way to sell the i965 chipset before the market is ready for SATA DVDs. Unusually poor QC from Intel who selected the chip for their reference and homebrand motherboards. The quirks seem to be mostly sorted, but its still too close to the "bleeding edge" for my taste.

The pressure on Acronis to launch TI 10 before christmas & vista seems to have been high also...surely the bug would have been spotted if it was tested on a current Intel reference board. o_O

Cheers,
    Walt S.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bm1 and everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this previous post of mine regarding this issue.

Please collect the information requested in that post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution. In case you already have submitted the request but have not received a reply then please send a Private Message containing your e-mail address. We will find out the reason for the delay.

If you Linux System Information (sysinfo.txt) cannot be created for some reasons please do the following:

- Boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.

- After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please remove the word "quiet", click on the "OK" and choose "Full Version".

- When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to us. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. Keesne

Keesne Registered Member

I decided to jump the water and buy ATI 10, knowing that it doesn't fully support my Core2 duo system (caused by the buggy JMB363 drivers).

Anyhow, the "safe mode" backup and restore works on my computer (even on an USB drive) using the "rescue" boot disk, and the long time it takes to finish the job (1,5 hours and more) is better than no backup at all.
    Still I hope Acronis will remedy the situation soon.

In the meantime I have submitted a request for technical support.

4. ratboy75024

ratboy75024 Registered Member

I have version 9.1 Worksation 3718. Have had to restore a few different times. My restores (for 15gigs USB 2.0 ext drive PIII733 512mb Mem.) has taken 30 mins, 3 hrs and 5 hrs all three restores done the same way. Don't know why each took differrent times to restore.

5. bm1

bm1 Registered Member

can you give me a answer will acronis fix this problem on next buildo_O

6. ketiko

ketiko Registered Member

I want to know that also. If this JMicron thing is fixed on True Image 10, my company will gladly upgrade. But we need to know that it will work.

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

One "joke" post removed. Let us keep to support issues here please.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bm1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

As I stated in this previous post of mine we are going to include the appropriate drivers into the next builds of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for the release of the next build that is not set yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

9. meggamoon

meggamoon Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.