Can't update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by aminer, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aminer

aminer Registered Member

I'm running the trial version (Vista) and keep getting the 'Server Connection Failure' message. I've read the FAQ about this message and I think I have everything setup properly. I tried disabling the Windows Firewall, but still got the same message. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please recheck the following:

NOD32 Control Centre> Update> Setup> Server is set as "Choose Automatically".

Click on Advanced and make sure LAN is set for Broadband ADSL/Cable or Dialup is set for Broadband Wireless/Dialup.

Check Proxy Server Setup> setup to make sure there isn't a tick in there (99.99% of people do not use a proxy).

Check that LAN servers connection> Setup is set to System Account (default).

Beyond this NOD32 will update unless a firewall is blocking the Internet connection for NOD32.

If the above still fails, please list the servers found within Update> Setup area.

Cheers :D

3. aminer

aminer Registered Member

I rechecked the settings and they are correct. I tried disabling the firewall again and sill got the same message. The severs that are listed:

u20.eset.com through u28.eset.com
    D:\nod_upd\
    E:\nod_upd\
    F:\nod_upd\

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You have a Private Message.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.