Can't Uninstall

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JustVisiting, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustVisiting

JustVisiting Guest

:mad:

I have a paid version (ver 2) that I can't get off of my machine.

I have tried repeatedly to remove it and the wizard will NOT move past the point of please wait........

Right click the NOD icon and tell it quit. Entered password at the box.

Via the program, clicked the uninstall option. Box pops up asking are you sure...yes, then enter password to confirm. Then the uninstall wizard pops up telling me to please wait......from this point it does absolutely nothing! It will sit forever and not move.

Reboot and the splash screen comes up.....stays there for about 3-4 minutes and then a nod kernal communication error appears.

Tried reinstalling....works fine. Reboot and then try uninstalling again.....same crap. Will not proceed past the wizard please wait box.

What the hell? I've never had a program that would not uninstall? Anyone know how to get this off of my system?

2. JustVisiting

JustVisiting Guest

:mad:

Finally got it to remove. Had to boot up xp in safe mode, then run uninstall program. Pretty crappy that you have to run in safe mode to uninstall. Had to do this on THREE machines so it is definitely something with the program...............

3. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Why did you uninstall?
    Itsme :rolleyes:

4. JustVisiting

JustVisiting Guest

Why I uninstalled is not relevant to the problem......

This was the latest copy available off the Eset website...I believe it has the update included in it. Just wondering if something is corrupt with it to cause this issue on THREE machines.

Also would like to say that I did send an email to support@eset.com and as of yet have NOT heard back. Anyway, problem solved........anyone else got the latest downloadable version running and tried to remove it? See what happens.........

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    it seems you sent the request today. Please take into account that it's weekend and only the most important inquiries are being responded. Anyway, I suggest you email the support information about your OS and SP or special programs installed (e.g. another AV program).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.