can't uninstall TI, vista won't reboot and restore earlier version

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ch90, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ch90

ch90 Registered Member

I've recently installed acronis true image workstation trial version 9.1.b.3.832 and now I can't uninstall it.

After the uninstallation vista (business pro 32bits) won't reboot properly and has to restore the system with TI on it.

I've tried desactivating all services/processes/dlls first and even a manual uninstall (deleting acronis TI folders) but vista won't reboot correctly and here we go again with the restore.

I've even tried re-installing from scratch and uninstalling it right after but to no avail.

I've searched this forum and googled many things but I do not know what to do anymore.

any clever ideas?
    kind regards,
    chris

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chris,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software

Could you please clarify if any error messages appear on the screen during the system reboot process? Please use a digital camera for making screenshots of the error messages and create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

After that please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the description of the actions taken before the issue appeared and the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue thoroughly and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

--
    Eugene Bogdanov

3. ch90

ch90 Registered Member

sorry, I was out of town for a few days.

Unfortunately there's no error message during the reboot. Vista just do not load and it goes straight to restore mode.

kind regards,
    chris

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chris,

We'd like to inform you that Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation builld 3832 doesn't support Windows Vista. The support of Windows Vista was implemented in this product since build 3887. You can download this update and install it over your current build. This should make the necessary corrections to the system so the system will boot correctly after uninstalling the product. To get access to updates you should first register your Acronis product.

If you have any further questions concerning our software, please submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you

--
    Eugene Bogdanov

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  5. ch90

ch90 Registered Member

thanks for the info. I've tried to register the trial version but it does work (see msg below)

Please check the following:

*~Registration removed. - Ron~ — Serial Number is valid but we can't register it right now. Please contact support immediately.

any ideas how can I install b.3887?

thank you,
    chris

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2007
  6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you register your serial number, you canthen download an update. You have to uninstall the trial version and install a non-trial version. It's not like some other progs where you just enter the serial number and the trial veersion becomes an unlocked version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.