Can't Uninstall SB - unins000.Dat - format not recognized

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Bob.andWillie, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob.andWillie

Bob.andWillie Registered Member

Unable to uninstall SpywareBlaster 3.2 from Add/Remove.
    The uninstall Log File "C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster\unins000.Dat" is in a format not recognized by this version of the uninstaller, cannot uninstall.
    Cannot find anything similar on the Forum. Thank You, Bob.andWillie

2. Ainana

Ainana Guest

I have the exact same problem....though mine has some background behind it.
    I uninstalled 3.2 and installed 3.3 when I apparently had a virus. I did the dell system restore to an earlier date.....now it thinks it is spybot 3.2, claims the database is corrupted, and will not uninstall with the same message:

The uninstall Log File "C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster\unins000.Dat" is in a format not recognized by this version of the uninstaller, cannot uninstall.

No other programs are having problems after the system restore, this is the only one that really thinks its an older version.
    I can't go back to the restore date with the virus either, because it was an yucky invasive virus that was impeding the functioning of my computer.

I hope someone answers relatively soon,
    Ainana

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Try reinstalling then attempt uninstall again.

See if that works.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.