Can't Uninstall or Repair and Password Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by raminoXXX, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raminoXXX

raminoXXX Registered Member

I installed the trial version and never used it. Then I purchased Acronis True Image Home 10. I immediately had problems like the program asked for password when I tried to access an Acronis archive file, whereas I didn't set a password when constructing the backup. My login password for registration, etc. does not work and I have have asked for new passwords, received them, and they don't work - even when copied and pasted. I've tried to uninstall and noticed in the add/remove programs in control panel that it appears the trial version is still there. When I try to uninstall or repair I get the following error message under the heading "Acronis True Image Home." HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\Fomatik\Plugins\Trace. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnnel." So, uninstallation and/or repair fail.

I have no idea how to deal with these problems. I was impressed with the product, now depressed. Please help if you can. Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello raminoXXX,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please do the following to solve the issue with uninstallation of the trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home?

- Open registry editor (Start->Run->regedit) find the following branches:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\Fomatik\
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\Fomatik\

and set permissions for these branches as "Full Control" for SYSTEM account and your account.

- Uninstall the trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

After that you should be able to install the full version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (build 4871) successfully.

As for the password issue, please be aware that as it was indicated in this thread <Password needed - why?> our Development Team is already aware of the issue and it will be fixed as soon as possible. We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

We may recommend you to log into your account, go to "Subscriptions" at the left and checkmark the two following items: 'Notify me about critical updates for my registered products' to be up on the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home updates list.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.