Can't uninstall Nod32 Smart Security Beta 4

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MrBreeze, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBreeze

MrBreeze Registered Member

I downloaded and installed the Smart Security Beta 4, and now I can't uninstall it.

It is not located in the "Add/Remove" section of the Control Panel, nor is it present in the "All Programs" section with an option to uninstall it. In addition, I can't delete the ESET folder in the "Program Files" section of "My Computer", as it will not let me.

Still, I can run a scan (that will not update).

I was considering purchasing either the Nod32 or Kaspersky Security Suites, but am now very much undecided, if I am to expect this type of problem.

Can anyone advise me on how to get rid of this "Beta 4" problem?

I am using XP and IE6, if that matters.

Thank You!

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

That is why it is BETA . If you can't deal with such problems or don't want to deal with them , use the latest non-beta version 3.0.684

Download again the beta of ESS v4 and install it over the top . Reboot . Then , try to uninstall again

3. MrBreeze

MrBreeze Registered Member

Thank You.

I think I found the solution, but now have tried to install the 30 day trial version of Smart Security, but cannot get past the username/password login screen, as it will not allow me to enter anything there.

Problems, problems, lol.

Oh well, it could be worse.

I will mention that I never had these problems when I tried the Kaspersky Security Suite. I really wanted to compare the two, but it looks like it is not to be.

o_O

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

You do not need to enter anything there,There should be a default user name / password and should be left as is.The User name/ password is for paid license holders not for trials.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I don't know if this info is too late at this point, but the v4 beta does not add an entry to the add/remove programs list (which it should, being beta is no excuse). There is however an uninstall icon in the start menu in the ESET program group. That should remove it, if you still need to do so.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

In my case, it adds the program in the add or remove programs in the control panel using XP. Not sure what is going on here. :)

7. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Eset is in my add and remove on vista and has been for me with past versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.