Can't take snapshot.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by TreeNerd, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreeNerd

TreeNerd Registered Member

Hi TreeNerd here.

I'm new to this forum because after a period of contemplation, I reformatted my hard disk (temporarilly removing Spybot Search & Destroy and ZoneAlarm free)before reinstalling a very minimal (as usual) version of Millenium Edition and downloaded SpywareBlaster.

I was especially interested to try the Spapshot feature, but after d/l-ing and installing the two anticipated missing files, I find I get as far as hitting the System Snapshot 'Create Snapshot>' button, then all tabs and boxes blank out and I get a message box with the message 'Run-time error '76' Path not found'. Please help! What am I doing wrong?

If I check for a Snapshot, as one might expect, I'm told none was found.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Now that's rather interesting.

I'll have to try to duplicate this. But I do have a quick question first: Does anything have a chance to display after pressing the "Create Snapshot" button? i.e. Does a progress bar display? Is there any status text?

Thanks in advance. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. TreeNerd

No! Something that looks like it ought to be a progress bar appears across the middle, under the words 'Capturing IE settings', but it and all other boxes and tabs fill with black, white, or olive green, the latter two having black shading. That's it!

Thanks for answering. Any more suggestions?
    TreeNerd

4. TreeNerd

Hi Javacool and all, it's taken me a long time to get back.

My own PC has been off line mostly since I last posted. Every time I try to reinstall the O/S (Me) I encounter problems with the O/S failing to recognise the Intel modem! Last time I got it right, but I couldn't repeat my success, in fact this time something happened which caused repeated crashes, then a message reading "Try running Setup again". I did and I wasn't impressed, but even after a 'clean' install Windows was using old settings, I learn I must use the /s switch when reformatting. I get more worried about M$ every day. I read a posting somewhere from someone saying he thought a virus had persisted after a re-install, now I see why.

One of the things I did between re-installs, was to experiment with Safe Mode; finding out what would run, and how well. Almost by chance I found that the Snapshot feature of SpywareBlaster worked. I'm wondering if the minimal install of Me I was running when I d/l-ed SpywareBlaster and tried it, might have had something to do with the problem. Does Snapshot rely on some kind of file which hadn't been installed? As I said, I d/l-ed the two oft-missing ones.

Wishing you all a happy and prosperous New Year for 2004.
    TreeNerd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.