Cant Sovle out - Help - Thanks

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by David_Nobelman, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David_Nobelman

David_Nobelman Registered Member

Hello to Eset forums, got a wierd problem trying to trubleshot it for a week allready - try 3 diffrent systems - reformat my drive - test my drive anything !

this problem is related to IDM & Eset smart security !

for the record :

windows 7 UL 64bit - (updated to this moment) IDM latest ver - Eset smart security 64bit - 4.2.71.2

now the problem is as folows : when i try to download files (anything - rar - exe etc) i try to open the files and its corrupted (winrar or not - even exe)

when i uninstall eset smart security - the problem gone ! reinstall ess and problem is here again !

i truble shot this with 3 diffrent systems - with same os and software - still got the smae issue - even try to reformat and nothing solved - when i install ess this issue start again !

this can be solve ? or i cant use my ess anymore ?

thanks for ur time - if i miss any info - just folow me and i will be more then happey to help u help me - Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

How do you download files? Do you use a download manager? Does it make a difference if you download small or large files?

3. David_Nobelman

yes i use download manager (IDM) link : http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

and i test it with small files 2mb > 8mb and large files 50mb > 500mb ! No diffrence.

ready to trubleshot... Thanks

4. Marcos

Have you tried disabling the download manager? Maybe it doesn't wait for the last packet from web protection and thus corrupts files.

5. David_Nobelman

when i bypass the download manager - by pressing a link and hold ALT key (Defult DL true explorer nor chrome) - then the download is ok and i dont get corrupted files - but in 2nd view when i uninstall ess and i download true the download manager also there i dont get corruped files - so the missing link is the integrtion from ess to dm ?

any filtering can solve this ? an how to will be much help - Thanks

6. Marcos

I assume it's only a problem of this particular DM which doesn't wait for the last packet from the web scanner. Try installing another DM and also make sure that you use default settings, ie. the DM is not set to work in the active mode.

7. David_Nobelman

1st i setup all setings to def - then uninstalled IDM -restart - then installed diffrent DM (Jdownloader) this give me the same results ! uninstall ess again and jdownloader download the files ok - no corrupted - installing back ess again back to the problem - so 2 diffrent download managers have no problem when ess is uninstalled and have problem when installed - im ready to trubleshot deeper in the hart of ess maybe we missing something here ?

Thanks ;)

8. David_Nobelman

OK 1 more day got burn out - trubleshoting this problem !

the process i did was to go true the advanced setup tree of ess - to tick and untick 1 by 1 functions - to see what couse this problem - there is a findings...

under personal firewall -> System integration - there is 4 selections i can select :

all features active

(in this mode - the problem is alive and kicking = download files true download manager (IDM or Jdownloder) i get corrupted files)

personal firewall is inactive

(in this mode - the problem is alive and kicking = download files true download manager (IDM or Jdownloder) i get corrupted files)

only scan application protocols

(in this mode - the problem is gone = download files true download manager (IDM or Jdownloder) no corrupted files - files are ok)

personal firewall is completely disabled

(in this mode - the problem is gone = download files true download manager (IDM or Jdownloder) no corrupted files - files are ok)

Sumup - looks like there is a problem with the firewall - any idea how this can be solved and use ess as normal with firewall on ?

My windows 7 > windows defender is turned off + untick all features (there is no conflict in this case ?)

hope to overcome this week of trubleshothing this problem - i used ess for 2 years now - was happy with this product until i got this problem - IDM is part of my workflow and i cant solve the problem ess (firewall) add to my workflow... please help me solve this im ready to in deep trubleshoting more then ever now - Thanks

9. David_Nobelman

Hi again ;)

is there anyone from ESET Support that can help me troubleshot this please ?

10. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi David,

I tried to reproduce your issue unfortunately without success. Same scenario, W7 Ultimate x64, ESS BE v4.2.71 x64 and JDownloader in my case. All files were downloaded fine with default ESS settings.

Do you remember when this started to happen?

Please provide us with a link to some file that gets corrupted when downloaded via JD/IDM and we'll try again.

Thanks.

11. Marcos

Also could you confirm that uninstalling ESS and installing EAV (just for a test) actually makes the problem go away ?

12. David_Nobelman

Hi and thanks for the follow up ;)

so steps i did as asked :

i crate a file and uploaded in : http://www.mediafire.com/?l40dlkbhhkjjbtj

i try download this file when ESS firewall set to all features active ! i got the same result the downloaded file was corrupted - then i set ESS firewall to only scan application protocols - the downloaded file is fine !

then like asked - i uninstall ess (with the uninstaller from the site - in safe mode just to follow the rules) reboot !

then i download ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 - Version: 4.2.71.2 - install - reboot !

Then i go download the file and it was ok - this point like my step by step as the result was the firewall integration make file corrupt if downloded true download manager (IDM or Jdownloader - tested both).

http://img829.imageshack.us/i/corrupt.jpg/

13. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

14. David_Nobelman

sorry is this a spam ? i do no need to do that since 1st im on fresh install - my system is not mess up - the only thing i ever uninstall was the ess as asked for a test - and even then i did that by the book with the tool from ESET !

so back to the main issue - thanks

15. David_Nobelman

in ur free time - still hope to trubleshot this - Thanks

16. hogndog

start at the top O.k.?

you are using one Eset correct?

only one anti-virus correct?

only one anti-spyware correct?

one firewall correct?

List any and all applications O.k.?

Thank you.. :thumb:

17. David_Nobelman

if i understand u corectly - all = yes

18. hogndog

Sounds good David, now can you make a list with the names? When we have a list we can put them together, and see what comes up.. O.k.? something is causing interference..

Thanks....

Hogndog

19. David_Nobelman

sorry - looks like i realy didn't understand u correctly !!

i dont understand what u ask me to do - list ?!

there is step by step Gide or so ?

thanks

20. hogndog

O.k. what is your OS do you have a new computer, if so what are you running on your computer is Eset the only protection, what kind of firewall, if your using a program that's causing this problem? Basically describe your computer to me, like you were trying to sell it to me....

Thanks...

Hogndog

21. David_Nobelman

i dont understand where is it going !? but... lets hope

OS = Win7 64bit ultimate - all updates present until this moment.

PC = i7 950 6giga ram ud3r ver.1 mobo 1Hard drive 500giga
    yes i try to reformat several times now - the problem happen when the os\system is frash and runing smoth !

protection = win7 (defender - anti virus - firewall- all set to disable) ess 64bit all is enable (as asked and tested = when i uninstalled ess and install eav) the problem is gone (i think we shuld have a deeper look in this field if u ask me !

well the program (or a part of the program that make the problem is - firewall of ess) so again i hope someone from eset support will help me on this - 4 weeks of unknown issue to solve - help please - Thanks

22. hogndog

23. David_Nobelman

sorry but i dont understand what u say !?

Wilders Security Forums > Official ESET Support Forum > ESET Smart Security Forum (looks like im at the right place)

anybody from ESET support here please ?

Thanks

24. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

25. David_Nobelman

Hi MattJN - did u get a PM with a link ? did just as asked ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.