Can't send sample!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mele20, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I just had my mail to sample@nod32.com returned after two days.

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <sample@nod.32.com>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    451 nod.32.com: Name server timeout
    Message could not be delivered for 2 days
    Message will be deleted from queue

I thought Marcos was very specific and said we should send probable new heuristic detected "viruses" to the above address and not to samples@nod32.com. Has this address stopped working?

Where should I send this?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are correct for a NewHeur_PE virus, Marcos said the following:

Try sending it to samples@nod32.com

Cheers :D

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Email servers don't change the delivery addresses, right? Why does your returned message show "nod.32.com" rather than "nod32.com"? The address that was sent to appears to have been "sample@nod.32.com" rather than "sample@nod32.com"... Was that extra "." (dot) added somewhere along the way??

When I look at Marcos first post in the sticky it shows "sample@nod32.com". Mele, can you check the exact address you sent to? If it is not a "nod.32.com" (with the dot) then I think your email service added a bad "." dot to the address.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I see that your magnifying glass does come in handy sometimes ;)

:D :D :D :D :D

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

DUH! Seven lashes with a wet noodle. :oops:

You have sharp eyes Lowwatermark. I made the mistake. I recall now that I wondered why my Outlook Express didn't automatically fill in the address and I was irritated that I had to type it in and I made a typo as I can see that dot right there in the address I typed in. So it is a good thing that usually OE finishes an address if you type the first couple of letters. Thing is, I had a corrupted identity and didn't know that was the problem I was having with OE for a long time. When I finally figured it out and made a new identity, I still haven't gotten around to importing the mail from the old identity. Thus, this new one has very little in the address book and does not have any nod32 addresses there. (It is not my main identity so is not used that much).

Guess I better import the mail and get addresses in that identity's address book right away so I don't do this kind of thing again. I am off now to send the sample again...this time to the correct address.
    What I don't quite understand though is that I had sent other probable false positives to this very address(the correct address) from this identity a day or two before. So, why didn't OE guess the address as I began to type it in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.