Can't send email to Wilders webmaster?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Mele20, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I just got an error when trying to post here. vBulletin said to notify the webmaster and up popped an email page. So, I took the time to report the error. Then I tried sending it and got this error:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'webmaster@wilderssecurity.com'. Subject 'invalid thread', Account: 'mail.dslr.net', Server: 'mail.dslr.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 <webmaster@wilderssecurity.com>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Is this just some one-time quirk or do you have a different email address? Want me to post the error here instead of sending it by email?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Got that error where exactly? That looks like an Outlook Express error message that was generated at the time of the attempt to connect to the DSLR email server. Is that what that was?

If it was generated by OE as a send error, then it was generated by DSLR's email server which never even tried to connect here. OE errors like that are a summary of the dialog that occurs between your email client and the email server - in this case mail.dslr.net.

If it didn't send, then I'd guess the message is still in your Outbox. Can you open it and look at it's properties? (To: From: Subject: etc.)

As for the error, sure you can post that here.

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I just got the error again:

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster.

I went back to get the url for the topic I had clicked on and got the error and it looks like you removed the topic during the time I was writing the above!

Did you remove the topic on the DSLreports discussion on Wilders decision to stop analying spyware logs? If so, why?

Or did I get a valid error and I just cant find that thread now?

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Ok. Thanks. I did notice several threads on this topic but hadn't looked at them since yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.