Can't save backup to Acronis Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hy_tek, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hy_tek

hy_tek Registered Member

I installed Acronis True Image 2009 and activated the Acronis Secure Zone to an unallocated section of my second hard drive. When I attempt to do the One-Click Protection it starts and the destination of the backup is labeled as
    asz:/SystemBackup.tib.

I then select the "protect" button and a box opens asking for my "user credentials". I then put in my password for windows XP( I am an admin) and the window closes and looks like it is processing.

I minute later an error window pops up with the message:

"Please insert the last media of the archive and click retry. Otherwise click cancel to stop the operation."

I have no idea why they are asking for a disk since I never backed up anything to disk yet nor have I restored from disk. The only full backup is located on my hard drive as a .tib file.

Any clue as to what is going on here.

I am able to make backups directly to hard disk but not to my Acronis Secure Zone. It keeps giving me the error above.

I have tried installing and uninstalling Acronis and even wiping the Secure Zone partition and deleting it....the error just won't go away.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hy_tek,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

The source of the issue can be FAT32 file system on your second hard drive. Can you please check it, if it is so then format it as NTFS. If the issue persists provide us the following information:.

Could you please download Acronis Report utility available at http://download.acronis.com/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us? Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) and attach to your message by browsing for the archive. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

- Start Acronis True Image;
    - Select Tools -> Show log;
    - Choose the log entry which contains errors;
    - Click on the diskette icon, choose the location (folder) and save there;
    - Send us the log.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. hy_tek

hy_tek Registered Member

Ok where and how do you want me to send you this information that I have?

4. hy_tek

hy_tek Registered Member

Attached are the log and report files you requested.

Attached Files:

5. Acronis Support

Hello hy_tek,

Have you tried to perform manual backup to Acronis Secure Zone? Is it successful?

If the issue still persists recreate Acronis Secure Zone (Tools -> Manage Acronis Secure Zone -> Remove Acronis Secure Zone). If possible create it on none RAID configured drives, create it on your D or E partition.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

6. hy_tek

hy_tek Registered Member

Yes I have tried a manual backup on the Secure Zone and yes it was successful. But if you purchase a product shouldn't it work as advertised and not have to do workarounds like that?

None of my drives are RAID configured.

7. Acronis Support

Hello hy_tek,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

- Download the file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following commands in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr task zap
    schedmgr service stop
    schedmgr service uninstall
    schedmgr service install
    schedmgr service start

This should delete all Acronis scheduled tasks on the PC.

You should manage your scheduled tasks from the scratch.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

8. hy_tek

hy_tek Registered Member

Ok I followed your instructions to the letter.

I then tried to do the "One-Click Protect" backup from the Acronis True Image Home 2009 main menu. It still fails as it always has when I try and save the backup to the Acronis Secure Zone. I get the same error message I always have as listed previously. This feature just does not work.

9. Akis

Akis Registered Member

Hello Hy_Tek
    I join the Forum in order to search a solution for the same problem and i read your post.
    So.. i think i found a solution. :D
    I use "acronis true Image home 2009" on my Laptop.
    I have ONLY one Hard disk drive with 2 partitions.
    My Primary C:\ (System partition with WinXp)
    and the Secondary Partition with a logical drive as D:\ (for storing my data)

So... after some trial and error i found out that when "Acronis True image home 2009" ask's you to define the Spase and location for the hidden "ASZ" partition to be created you must "Set" this partition to be in D:\ (in my case this Works) :argh:

Example:
    At first time i set the "ASZ" to take space from my C:\ partition..
    Everything was ok.. but it was not able to make a backup in hiden "ASZ" partition giveing me the same errors as yours. :doubt: :doubt:

The second time i try.. i set thr "ASZ" to take space and create the hidden partition Using space from my D:\ drive (remember that it's the same Hard disk splited in 2 partitions) and then everything works ok.

Acronis True Image home 2009 was able to write the backup files in the hidden "ASZ" partition.

I hope that this gonna work for you also. :thumb:

My Best Regards
    Akis.M
    Athens/Greece

10. hy_tek

hy_tek Registered Member

Well I am not sure if your situation is identical to mine. My setup is different with 3 hard drives.

I would think if the ASZone partition needed to be installed on the same hard drive as the operating system or in a particular sequence the Acronis support people would have pointed that out already.

I believe it was stated it must be in "unallocated space" at the end of the drive so your situation would make sense. But I did not see it specified it had to be on the same drive as the operating system. What would be the point of that. If your primary hard drive failed you would need the backup to restore it. If the ASZone is located on the the primary hard drive that failed your backup image would be unaccessable. The only time you would need the backup is if your OS or the primary hard drive failed in the first place. Seems to me a much better solution is to put the ASZone on another drive altogether.

11. Acronis Support

Hello hy_tek,

Could you please let us know the build number of Acronis True Image Home 2009? Also, have you re-created Acronis Secure Zone?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

12. hy_tek

hy_tek Registered Member

All I know is it's Acronis True Image Home 2009 version 12. How do I find out what build it is. I can't seem to find where that is stated.

Yes I have recreated the secure zone several times. I have tried just about everything I can think of to debug this.

13. Acronis Support

Hello hy_tek,

You can find out the build number navigating mouse cursor to upper line of the program then press ALT + left mouse button -> Help -> About

I have sent a file to you via PM. Please install it, reboot the computer and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

14. hy_tek

hy_tek Registered Member

I downloaded the file. Installed it, rebooted and I no longer get the request for last media archive.

However now after I put in my password an "operation progress" window comes up and the program goes no further. It just sits there and nothing happens without any activity at all. It just stops forever until I manually close the windows. The one-click protection feature still does not work.

15. Acronis Support

Hello hy_tek,

Can you please attach the following diagnostic information to your next reply:

(1)
    - Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send us the saved file.

(2)
    - Download and unpack the Device Tree application:
    http://download.acronis.com/support/devicetree.zip

- Run the application;
    - Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot and send it to us.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

16. hy_tek

hy_tek Registered Member

attached you will find the files you requested. I was unable to send the system information file as this website does not accept .nfo file types for upload.

Attached Files:

17. Acronis Support

Hello hy_tek,

Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches and re-create screen shots.

We will try to find the reason without sysinfo file.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.