Can't rule VPN (GRE) traffic

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Aknod, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aknod

Aknod Guest

Please help me to configure LnS properly. I've noticed that my rules don't work when I'm connected to Internet using VPN.
    How to meake LnS apply all my rules to the incapsulated GRE traffic?
    Firewall version: 2.05p2
    Thank you.

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

3. Aknod

Aknod Guest

Yes, I have downloaded and imported that rule in order to allow any VPN connection. VPN connection brings my network interface to a static IP.
    In LAN my rules work proper and nobody sees my 80th port which I have closed. But when I'm connected to PPTP server the 80th port and all other "closed by rules" ports stay open. The blocking rules do not spread over connections made by remote hosts from WWW.

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Look 'n' Stop is protecting only the primary IP connection. The IP connection created through the VPN is not checked by the rule engine. This is usually OK, since the VPN is supposed to be secure already.
    If you absolutely want to have rules against the secondary IP connection through the VPN then you can try to start a second instance of Look 'n' Stop and selecting in the options the Network Interface of the VPN access. Note that not all VPN clients creates correctly an interface at windows level that will be seen by Look 'n' Stop, so it may not work.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.