Can't Right Click and Scan Files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by zero890, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zero890

zero890 Registered Member

Hi,
    Have installed Nod32 2.7 on Vista and find that you can't right click and scan a file after downloading. The only option seems to be through the Run on demand scanner. It comes up with "Cannot execute Nod32.exe" Is there a way to fix this problemo_Oo_O
    Cheers
    Dave

2. Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Dr. Lucien Sanchez Registered Member

Re-Install NOD32?

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi Zero890 and Welcome to Wilders!

This is known issue caused by the new security feautures which Vista has.
    You should run under Admin account and give NOD32's scanner higher rights (because here it is run by Windows Explorer)
    Here is a thread about this.And here is what the ESET representatives (Aryeh Goretsky) from ESET USA has to say ;) :thumb:

4. zero890

zero890 Registered Member

Hi
    Thanks for the replies to my query. It looks as if it will be a wait and see situation. A re-install did'nt change anything. At least there is a work round to enable me to scan individual files I download. I'm very happy with NOD32 and will carry on with it.
    Thank you both for your help.
    Cheers
    Dave

5. BeLGaRaTh67

BeLGaRaTh67 Registered Member

I am having this issue too, I contacted ESET support in the UK who after a few tries couldnt help and just said try these forums, not very helpful IMO

I have given full admin rights to nod32.exe in the folder C:\Program Files\Eset as well as the other two executables as advised (nod32krn.exe and nod32kui.exe) which does not help.

I was also advised its better to turn UAC off, which I am NOT about to do.

I followed the link to Aryeh Goretsky's post, and there is no ESET NOD32 On-Demand Scan icon anywhere, I am trying to access the on demand from the context menu.

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Does your login account have local admin rights? I'm on a Vista install right now, connected to a domain, my domain account is a member of the local admin group. Right clicking a drive/folder/file, the NOD32 scanner is there and comes up fine. I did NOT have to do anything funky like give the nod32.exe special privs.

Currently the annoying UAC is disabled...I'll re-enable it and see if your issue occurs.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

May you be more specific ... you have the same issue as the original poster (you get an error "Cannot execute Nod32.exe" when trying to perform on-demand scan within the Context menu on MS Windows Vista) ? This problem or something else?

Just to make it sure , you do it this way:

I believe he talks about nod32.exe (its icon) ;)

8. Thathi

Thathi Registered Member

I've done this and given "run as administrator," but it still says "Cannot execute Nod32.exe." When I scan things in the start menu, it seems ok or it at least doesn't give me the message. When I try to do the on-demand scan on files in my c:, it gives me the message. Any help? I'm using Windows Vista 32 bit as well.

9. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Iv just started having this issue :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.