Can't Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mechanic Pete, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

I tried to restore drive C: today using TI-6 and it would reboot to a black screen.I downloaded ver 8 and it worked so I bought it but after I installed, it
    would do the same as ver 6 boot to a black screen. It dosent matter if I do it from windows or the TI boot disk. The only difference between ver 6 and 8 is
    in ver 8 I would see Acronis is loading then the splash screen then goes black.

Windows xp sp2
    Asus p4c800-e deluxe
    2 wd 80 gig on Primary
    2 Nec DVD-r on secondary
    2 USB external hard drives 120 gig wd, 40 gig wd
    1 external cd-r drive
    P-4 3.0 Prescott
    1 gig ram Kingmax
    ATI- All-in-wonder 8500 DVI
    Sound blaster Audigy
    Samsung SyncMaster DVI

I could use some help
    Thanks

Regards

Pete

2. One last thing ti 6 and 8 would crash my system with promise sata drivers installed, I disabled them but will need to have the when my rma wd gets here monday.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Hi Pete,
    When you made the image of C, is it the only partition on that hard drive or were there other partitions that you didn't backup at the same time?

Acronis tech support makes the point that they cannot guarantee a bootable restored disk if only the partition containing Windows is restored when the drive had more than one partition. If you restored the C partition to the same drive, it should be bootable, but if it was to a new drive or a repartitioned drive, that could be the problem.

I this sounds like your situation, and if you have a bootable Windows XP CD, boot to the Recovery Console and run the FIXMBR and FIXBOOT utilities.

4. Hi

It's only one partition, the problem is the boot cd (acronis ) I can't even get
    to the point of restoring it's just a black screen.

It's strange, but to answer the question, I'm trying to restore one drive that has one partition on it.

If I had to guess it's like no video support, but I am using the save vid card and monitor that I used for the last 2 years and 6.0 had always worked.

The only real change is a new motherboard and cpu

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mechanic Pete,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please make sure Acronis Bootable CD is created with the latest build (800) of Acronis True Image. If so please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create sysinfo.txt and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the detailed instructions).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Hi

The F11 work around worked thanks.

Regards

Pete

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pete,

Glad to hear the workaround helped you. If you wish we may give you the instructions on how to get the "acpi=off noapic" parameters included into the Acronis Bootable CD. To do that please send a letter with the link to this thread, full name of your version of Acronis True Image and the serial number for it. We will provide you with the necessary information.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.