Can't restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bolan, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bolan

Bolan Registered Member

Hello Again

I did something to my computer and now I can only boot into safe mode with networking.

I tried to use the boot disk to restore but it's not seeing my boot drive which is on a SATA controller. It only sees my 2 drives on my IDE controller. What do I do to fix this and restore my boot drive?

I'm really in a spot right now. Please help :(

2. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

First off, ALWAYS test your backup/restore strategies before the catastrophe occurs. Taking a backup without knowledge of exactly how you are going to restore it is useless! A backup is only as good as the restore process that follows it and if it is an untested one you have NO restore procedure in place whatsoever.

Check your BIOS configuration to insure that it is recognizing the SATA controller/drive(s). If the BIOS does not "see" it neither will TI. *puppy*

3. Bolan

Bolan Registered Member

Problem Resolved

Whew!!!

Ok, I figured out the problem. In my BIOS, in IDE settings, I had to change from Enhanced PATA to Enhanced SATA and all my drives showed up in the TI7 restore screen.

I used the boot disk from build 627, I had my mouse back in the ps/2 port with the adapter and I didn't use the apic=no apic command. It makes me wonder if there was a conflict with TI7 attempting to find my SATA drive hung up the mouse.

Either way, it worked and I'm back in business :)

4. Bolan

Bolan Registered Member

Mike, trust me when I tell you, I've done dozens of restores. I like to "tweak" my pc. This is the first time I've run into this situation.

I just updated my BIOS the other day and I guess it made a change for me that some how slipped by me ;)

Now I know what to do, I'm sure I'll find another way to screw myself up ;)

Thank you though :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.