Can't restore system - doesn't appear to have SAS RAID controller drivers

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by baskervi, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baskervi

baskervi Registered Member

We had a system fail, and I attempted the recovery tonight. I popped in the boot CD and expected a pretty quick process; unfortunately, the boot CD didn't detect the RAID drives. The controller is an Adaptec ASC-48300. This is a file server, so it's a pretty simple rebuild, but I didn't want to start a rebuild at 11:00 tonight. I know I should have tested this.

My question is, how the heck do you get the RAID drivers installed after the fact? Thanks

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

What version of the software are you currently using? and When the RCD loads, does it prompt for a normal mode, safe mode?

3. baskervi

baskervi Registered Member

It's version 10, and I do see safe mode. I used the normal mode.

4. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

The reason you are running into this issue is because the software you are using is the Linux based recovery media, it is hard-coded for hardware support, you will either need to create or use the WinPE based recovery media and add in the drivers for your controllers to be properly recognized. You will then be able to perform the restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.