Can't restore images -- "out of memory"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Zipzop, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zipzop

Zipzop Guest

Hello, I'm a big fan of True Image which has worked fine for me until today.
    Now, when I try to restore an image, I go through all the menus normally but a moment after hitting the "proceed" button, a window pops up saying "Not enough memory" and I'm sent back to the main menu screen. I tried a couple of different images with the same result. I can't seem to find any information about this problem.

I should mention what preceeded this problem, although I don't know if it will explain anything:
    I was in the middle of restoring an image when I accidentally knocked my PC's reset button. When I rebooted, one of my external USB drives (the one that contained the backup image file) wasn't found. I had to roll back its driver to get it detected properly. Now it seems to work fine except that True Image doesn't!

I tried reinstalling the program; no luck.
    This is True Image 8.0, by the way.

Thanks for reading.

2. Zipzop

Zipzop Guest

Oops; I made a slight mistake in the thread title; the error message is not "out of memory," but "not enough memory," as I wrote in the message body.

3. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Try clearing out your Cookies, Temp and Temporary Internet Files folders. A good program to do this automatically is Ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com

4. Zipzop

Zipzop Guest

Okay, I tried CC cleaner but the problem persists.
    I should mention that I have 2GB of RAM and several GB free on all my hard disks.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Zipzop,

How many GBs of used space are you trying to image and how many GBs of free space do have on the destination partition? The free space needs to be approx 1.5 times the uncompressed used space that you are imaging.

Also worth checking out how many Windows Restore Points you have. If you can, delete all but the latest restore point.

Regards

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Zipzop,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

Please also check each partition of each your hard drive (including external ones) by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run,
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the
    command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If the problem still persists after installing the update and checking the hard drive then please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and try to restore an image once more.

If that does not help then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know whether the problem appears both when the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0;

- Have you tried to restore an image of the entire hard drive or an image of a single (system) partition?

- Provide the exact text of the error message you have received;

- When exactly have you received this error message?

- Where do you store your images?

- Download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, try to restore the image once more and see if the problem still persists. Let is know the result;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. Zipzop

Zipzop Guest

Thanks! That did the trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.