Can't restore image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lucagud, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucagud

lucagud Registered Member

Hi,
    I was testing an old version of True image found in a newsspaper, ver 6.0.
    I am having a problem trying to restore an image stored in a secondary HDD of the pc.
    When I do it the sw asks me to restart 'cause I am trying to restore in the running partition c:\.
    When the pc boot I get an error :
    PCI 00:1F:1 Device not available because of a resiource collision

or something like that.
    Acronis than tells me that doesn't find any HDD anymore. (but there are!even working. I tried also with the Acronis boot cd and it's the same situation)

Do u maybe know that issue?

Thank u!
    Gianluca

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Don't waste your time with version 6. Download the trial of the latest version. Version 9 Home, Build 3666.

3. lucagud

lucagud Registered Member

Ok, I try know the version 9 directly, let's see...
    Yes, I don't have anymore the error I told u before.

I have a question:
    1) can the new boot cd restore the image done with older version?

2)Can I use that cd in pcs where Acronis is not installed? (for instance if I have a twin pc)

3)Does the boot cd created by the trial version expires as well after 15 days?

Thank u!

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

1. Yes normally, but Version 6 is quite old so I can't say with 100% certaintly.

2. Yes, the CD operates without the installed version of TI present.

3. The boot CD does not expire but you will see that it only restores the files, it will not create a backup so it becomes useless when the Windows version no longer works.

TI licensing requires that you have a TI license for each PC you use it on even if you are only using the boot disk.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lucagud,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

To expand seekforever's reply a little, I would also like to mention that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used. The same applies to Bootable Rescue CD.

Please also note that having the serial number for Personal version of Acronis True Image allows you to purchase the upgrade to the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home at the Acronis online store.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.0 Home FAQ page helpful.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.