Can't restore image of C:

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by El Nino, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Nino

El Nino Registered Member

Hi,

If anyone can help dwith the following at all it would be very much appreciated.

I am ruuning the above, I have a hard disk drive partioned into C: and D:. I can create images of each and back them up to my usb HDD (G:) successfully. However each time I try and restore the image of the C: partition (from the G:) back to the C :acronis tells me that 100s of programmes are using the destination and I have to allow acronis to re-boot. Unfortunately when I do this and go through the steps when selecting an image to restore from Acronis/windows does not recognise the USB HDD. I think this is because the HDD does not initiate until the operating system is up and running. Do you have any ideas on how I can solve this problem and get windows 2000 and acronis to recognise the USB HDD during startup and replace the C: with the image of the C: from the G:. Copying the image back to the D: and restoring it from there is really time consuming?

Many Thanks

2. dragonslayer2k

dragonslayer2k Registered Member

I've restored several times successfully. I use an Acronis recovery CD, rather than doing it from Windows. As it boots, you will see messages which tell you whether or not it identifies your USB drives and successfully loads drivers for it. If there are errors, write them down and post them.

3. El Nino

Thanks for the tip. I have an acronis recovery cd, created when I installed Acronis. However, this does not make a difference. I don't receive any error messages. Acronis intercepts windows boot - analyses the C and D partitions and takes me to a screen where it recognises the A:, C: & D: drive and also a B: drive (which i'm presuming is the G:) however when you select it there is no data there to retrieve there, it thinks the drive is empty. Any more ideas?

Thanks

4. noonie

noonie Registered Member

Update your mb bios to the latest version
    Go into your bios and check the legacy usb devices are enabled or whichever option loads usb from bios
    Find out and update you mobile enclosure chipset
    Do a google search for compatabiltiy problems with your mobile enclosure chipset. Some are have problems.

5. El Nino

Hi thanks. I've flash my Bios with the only update available for it. PC loads better but didn't solve the problem. I've played around with the settings for USB and legacy? and still no joy. I updated my VIA chipset (busmaster) as well (although this probably has nothing to do with it). Is it possible to explain what is a "mobile enclosure chipset? Scuse my ignorance. Thanks

6. noonie

noonie Registered Member

The mobile enclosure should also have a chipset in it. For instance a popular and good one is an oxford.
    Check and see if this could also be a Via specific characteristic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.