Can't Restore Files

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by buffalox, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffalox

buffalox Registered Member

I just started testing Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Free.

I was able to do a backup but when I went to test out the restore function I got the error below. I've tried it several times and I'm not sure what the problem is. For my test, I grabbed a video file from the backup archive and told it to restore the video to my desktop.

Operation Failed
    An unexpected situation occurred.
    Error source: Paragon File Backup
    Error code: 0x200004

Any ideas?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Have you tried mounting the archive? I assume it's a partition backup since BR10 Free edition cannot do a file level backup. In the "Archives" tab, right click your partition archive and mount.

It's also possible that your archive is corrupted. Try using the File Transfer Wizard under Tools, locate your backup .PBF or .000, double click the archive to "drill" into the files.

Have you test restoring smaller files to see if that returns the same error?

3. buffalox

buffalox Registered Member

Paragon_Tommy thanks for the reply.

I haven't mounted the archive. I've looked at both the backups I created. When I right click there is no "Mount Archive" option. I've also looked under the "Archives" menu and the "Mount the Selected Archive..." and "Unmount the Selected Archive" are both grayed out.

Any other ideas? o_O

4. epetru

epetru Registered Member

I am having the same problem
    0x200004 when I go to restore from archive... There is no MOUNT option in BR10 free. My test file size is only 100K bytes.

5. epetru

epetru Registered Member

File Export seems to work, but this is not what I want to do... I want to restore the image

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Did you try booting the Paragon cd?

Select Normal Mode and try the restore function from there.

7. epetru

epetru Registered Member

It's a laptop and I don't have a working CD unit right now... I don't see anything about "normal mode" in any of the menus.

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Normal mode is one of the options you select after booting the recovery media. It is not in the installed windows version.

You can put the recovery media on flash and boot that - instead of using a cd.

Paragon will make a bootable flash drive for you - in the main window, at the top, select Tools>Recovery Media Builder.

Hope it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.