Can't restore file

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ancalagon, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ancalagon

ancalagon Registered Member

Hi all,

I have Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.1 Free edition installed on my desktop and laptop.

I wanted to test to make sure everything was working OK, so I created an image of a set of folders on my desktop on a DVD. Once created, I copied this back onto my desktop and was able to successfully restore a file from this image (I wasn't able to restore just one file from the DVD directly ... not sure if this is expected behavior.).

I then put the same DVD in my laptop and copied the contents to my laptop. This is where the trouble began. I first tried to 'add an existing archive to the archive database' on my laptop. I was able to navigate to the .pbf files I had copied from the DVD to my laptop, but when I click add on both the BP060210.pbf, and the disk.pbf, no archives showed up in my 'Archives' view ... no errors were given.

I then tried to use the Restore Wizard. I was able to find the files in the BP060210.pbf archive that I wanted to restore, and finish the Wizard, but when I went to Apply the pending changes, I was given this error.

pbf_error.JPG

Have I done something wrong in this process? Is it possible to restore a file from an image made on one computer to a different computer? Does anyone know how to fix the error I'm getting?

Thanks tons!

+++++++++++++++
    EDIT

Actually, I just noticed that Paragon thinks the drive on my laptop is not formatted, and I found this thread

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=252048

that says this could be caused by encryption. Since my laptop is a work computer, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was encrypted. Could this cause the error I'm seeing? If so, is there any way to restore files to my laptop, or does the encryption simply prevent Paragon from functioning?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello,

Try using the File Transfer Wizard under Tools to take a look inside the archive, pick and choose what to restore. If your drive was encrypted, during the backup, the partition would have been listed as invalid and the archive is not accessible until you restore the archive completely and decrypt the drive.

Also to be sure all the files you have on the DVDs are copied in a folder on the desktop to ensure nothing is missing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.