Can't restore a folder

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by richb, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richb

richb Registered Member

I'm glad there's a support forum. I just installed TI Home, ver 9 as a trial. I'm using an IBM X40 laptop, XP Pro with a Maxtor 320G external via USB.

I created a full image on the Maxtor. Then created a rescue CD or whatever it's called. Booted from the CD using the option that provides USB drivers. Wanted to verify the recovery works so I selected one folder (which I assume brings it's sub folders) to restore to the Maxtor instead of the original drive. Then the process hung on the Operation Progress screen. the Current Operation progress and Total progess bars had no action. The 'cancel' button would press and confirm that I meant to cancel but it would not work. The X to close the window had the same effect.

What could be wrong?

2. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

First of all ensure that you're running build #3677. You can get this information by selecting Help -> About.

If your not logon to www.acronis.com, head to support, create an account register your serial, download and install the latest build, re-create the bootable CD and see if your luck changes.

Secondly. If you're looking at restoring just files and folders, theres no need to boot from the recovery CD, Typically if you're doing a file folder recovery, you have a workable OS in which case the CD is generally not required. If you were restoring an image of your C: then thats a different story.

What File System is the laptop HDD formatted to?

3. richb

richb Registered Member

I've got build 3633 which is what I downloaded yesterday as a trial.

NFTS file system.

I wanted to restore something using the CD to boot to ensure the recovery process works if I hava a failure.

Restore using the software on the hard disk works. The CD restore fails.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  4. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Ah.

Missed the bit about it being a trial.

In any case if your doing a restore from the boot CD the only real test to do would be to restore a system image, instead of a file based backup. I doubt it'll do any thing...

Hit F11 at the boot prompt where its asking full or safe mode, and you will get a box with the word quiet in there.. Add acpi=off noapic so it reads quiet apci=off noapic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.