Can't Remove Tray Icon

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by stevehal, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevehal

stevehal Registered Member

Hi,

I upgraded to 3.0.621.0 and I can't find an Exit, or Hide feature for the tray icon (or to close egui.exe programically). The 2.7 version had an Exit feature.

I do not always want NOD32 running... and the only way I can figure out how to close the GUI (so the tray icon is gone) is to close egui.exe in Task Manager.

Am I missing something? I would think there should be a way to do this without having to go to Task Manager.

Thanks,

Steve

2. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

Fixed next version.

cumps

3. piranha

piranha Registered Member

do not always want nod32 running o_O o_O :blink:

but...... i agree, the v3 is missing something.... a easy way to close it

4. stevehal

Actually, I would not mind it running, but I would especially want the ability to simply hide the icon. But sometimes I may need to shut everything down.

5. piranha

piranha Registered Member

yep...... it is recommanded to close all windows apps, including AV and firewall, when we have to install something, it is the clean install way... It is actually not easy to close nod32 v3

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The system tray context menu provides quick access to disabling the firewall and all other modules.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Actually , both 2.7 and 3.0 can be stopped . This "Exit feauture" doesn't stop the program , just closes the user interface (a.k.a Control Center) :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

8. stevehal

Yes, I know it is just the Control Center, and that you may have to go deeper to shut it all down.

To be honest, I need to use NOD in varying modes... I have everything disabled by default because I do not want anything attached to any process (I work in development and I feel most comfortable with things fully unloaded at times).

The problem now with NOD32 seems that this may not be fully possible. Since the GUI and the scanning interface are "merged", I can't use NOD32 on demand like before.

If you shut down the GUI, and then try to right-click a file and scan with NOD32, it does not work with the 3.xx version. 2.7 still worked.

I hope they separate this back out, or at least offer a way to hide that bright red icon (it is red because I altered the settings to not scan web sites, etc...).

Anyway, any GUI application should have a way of unloading... so I do hope the hide icon or a simple GUI exit is in the next update. Having to use Task Manager is somewhat sloppy. But I temporarily went back to 2.7 for now, which is OK.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  9. epdom

epdom Registered Member

If you just want to hide icon on system tray, right click on notification area and select the appropiate behavior for (whatever) icon there.

Cheers

10. guest

guest Guest

Which does not work unless you're a local Administrator. Also even with all the scanner's "disabled" the "protocol filtering" proxy still runs, only way to truely eliminate Nod32 is to shut down the ESET Service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.