Can't register software

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gberns, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gberns

gberns Registered Member

I bought True Image 9.0 from Global Computer and paid extra to get it on CD. The "Getting Started" page gave me my Serial Number and it worked to install the software. However when I go to the Acronis web site and try to register my product I get the message that my number has already been registered. As a result and can not register and can not receive updates, etc.

What must I do to register what I bought and paid for?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Gary Berns

2. gberns

gberns Registered Member

I am quite disturbed

When a company ignores a problem and its users it disturbs me and that is what Acronis is doing to at least two people (me being one of them).

When I went to register my copy of True Image 9, which I had purchased form an Acronis licensed reseller, the system would not let me register as my serial number had been previously registered by someone else. This individual had probably used a key generator or other cracking software to generate the number to register his illegal copy. I was therefore denied access to updates, support, etc.

I emailed Acronis support about this. I posted to this forum as did another user with the same problem. I sent a pm to the Acronis support people in this forum. I received no response whatsoever. They just didn't care.

I called my vendor. The rep was very interested and promised to get back to me. I am not holding my breath as we are up to 36 hours. I was on the verge of disputing the credit card charge when I realized that I knew who the company was that had actually burned the disk that I had under license from Acronis.

I called that company. They promised to call me back and actually did so. They were able to convince someone (possibly Acronis) that I had a legitimate copy of the software and then, and only then, they were able to get me a new serial number.

It should not have been necessary for me to go through all this. A reputable company should have replied to me. There should have been someone to whom I could have spoken.

I can only hope their software is better than their manners.

Gary B. Berns

Interesting!! I posted this as a new thread. I wonder how it got moved where it won't be found or read.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: I am quite disturbed

Hello gberns,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We do apologize for the delayed response.

I'm afraid that Global Computer has provided you with incorrect serial number by mistake.

I'm glad to hear that the problem was resolved.

If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience with the details and we will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. gberns

gberns Registered Member

Turns out that the serial number given to me was correct in all respects. It is just that someone used it before I did. The problem was what I said in my previous post. Acronis' silence until I complained out loud in this forum.
    There was no fault anywhere in the actual incident.

Gary Berns

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.