*Cant recover data* Installed windows on TrueCrypt encrypted partition

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by guest, Oct 5, 2014.

1. guest

guest Guest

I have 1TB HD, and on the hard drive I created a partition (488Gb) that is TrueCrypt encrypted device with a hidden volume (200Gb).
    Mistakenly I re installed windows to that partition and TrueCrypt wont mount the device. I used "Volume Tools-Restore header" and got the device to mount (only the non-hidden volume tho) but I cant view the contents because im getting the "Do you want to format?" message followed by an error stating it cant read it.
    I used every kind of data recovery software and only got back a couple of the files. There has got to be a way I can fix the volume. Please HELP!!!

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Sorry, I don't know TrueCrypt well enough to help :( I gather that dantz, the expert on Wilders, is still on vacation. For now, your best bet is reviewing the subforum for similar problems. You can find older threads (from before this subforum was created) through searching. Good luck :)

3. guest

guest Guest

I have been viewing other posts for a couple days now and still no luck with everything I've tried. I guess I will have to wait for dantz, he seems like he knows the solution.

4. guest

guest Guest

Is there any one else who can help me. I need someone who is proficient with trucrypt

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.