can't pick invisible files/folders in TDS-3?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by LuckMan212, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

because TDS-3 doesn't use "standard" dialog boxes, it is impossible for example to scan an invisible file or a file in an invisible folder. Will this be addressed in TDS-4?

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Luckman :)

By 'invisible' I am presuming you are meaning the Hidden System files...

To view and then try a scan [via right click] on those, why not have them shown so you can check for yourself.

Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View/CHECK Show Hidden Files and Folders [pic]

Then have a try. I have never done it myself, as I presume when TDS does a Full System Scan it does exactly that. 'Full'.

TAS

Attached Files:

• 087.GIF
      087.GIF
      File size:
      24 KB
      Views:
  3. Tassie_Devils

I just scanned a previously hidden folder and it scanned it fine via right click.

You can tell which were the hidden system folders/files, they are lighter in colour than the rest.

TAS

Attached Files:

4. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

Yes you can do that via the right-click menu but I am talking about from INSIDE TDS-3. Also this doesn't address the needs to sometimes use other tools from TDS-3's chest such as "Extract Text" etc.

5. Tassie_Devils

OK, I understand, you wanting to navigate to a folder/file from within TDS GUI itself, rather than a right click context menu option.

We shall have to wait and see when v4 comes out, I don't have any details on that. :)

TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.