Can't open SpywareGuard or uninstall

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by notrom, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notrom

notrom Registered Member

I can't open SpywareGuard or uninstall it. Clicking on desktop icon has no effect - neither does selecting it from Programmes. Downloaded the software again but when I try to install I get message saying "SpywareGuard setup has detected that SpywareGuard is currently running. Please close all instances of it now...." Trying to uninstall produces same message. Am very computer illiterate so please keep any help simple!!!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The main desktop icon for SpywareGuard, and the link in the Start menu's Programs section do not actually open the SpywareGuard management window. Instead, all they do is start up SpywareGuard, if it isn't already running in the background.

When SpywareGuard is running, you should see its icon in the systray (next to the clock) that looks like: SG. If you see that, then SpywareGuard is indeed running properly. Do you have the red SG icon in the systray?

The only way to open the SpywareGuard interface screen is to right-click (or double click) that SG icon.

As for uninstalling if you still need to do that:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=21071

3. notrom

notrom Registered Member

Thanks LowWatermark, will try...didn't realise you can't open from desktop. Silly me....

4. Alain

Alain Guest

How to parameter proxy setting in SpywareGuard

Please I'd like to know how to parameter proxy setting in order to update SG - I 'm a knew user but this tool seems to be the perfect one

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2005
  5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Re: How to parameter proxy setting in SpywareGuard

Edit:
    my bad....need to learn to read more closely :(

6. patzd

patzd Registered Member

Hi this is my first time on Wilders,,, and I want to say THANK YOU,,, lol I also installed SpyWare Guard and mistakenly thought it wasn't running... but by scanning your forum I discovered that it was indeed running, as well as how to access it.
    Thanks again
    Patz
    :D

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

patzd

Thanks for posting and stay warm! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.