Can't open/create file backup failure

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by corysea, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corysea

corysea Registered Member

Friends,

I downloaded the free version of Paragon drive backup in August and backed up my C and D drives. I then purchased the program. So I have two icons for the program on my desktop. One icon looks like a computer screen and the second icon looks like a cylinder.
    I've had some significant problems with my C drive and the Vista 64 system and drivers installed on it in the last few days. I have attempted to restore to the image I created in August and each time I go through the process (with either icon-ie the purchased or free version). I have a computer restart, and then the Progress Information window appears and proceeds to number 2:restoring system recovery. Shortly thereafter I get a message can/t open/create file and the recovery fails. The drive backup I made in August is on an external USB hard drive and I'm trying to restore over (and replace the content of) the corrupted C drive.
    I have questions. First, can I get the backup to work at this very critical moment? If I can't I will have to have my C drive reformatted and I will need to reinstall all my applications. The cost for this is $250 and it was for the purpose of avoiding this scenario that I purchased Paragon.
    My second question is this: If the software does not work in this instance, can I get a refund of my purchase price?

With thanks,
    Cory

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Corysea,

At this point you have two ways of restoring your system partition. If Windows is still operational, and you can boot into it to use Paragon Drive Backup to restore the system partition, we can initiate it from there. You mentioned that you backed up 2 partitions (C and D). In your backup folder, you might see something like this:

archive.pbf
    archive_0000p.000
    archive_0000p.001
    archive_0001p.000
    archive_0001p.001

If we are only restoring the system partition (C), during the restoration wizard, pick the archive_0000p.000 file. This will only restore one partition. If you have more than 2 partitions backed up, often people backup the small utility partition without knowing, and their C partition might be the 0001p.000 instead.

I recommend you create the recovery media as well. Under Tools > Recovery Media Builder, burn a cd/dvd or flash drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.