cant open buddy list

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Rita, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi all
    when i try to open my buddy list,i click on it and it makes a noise like a popup ad being blocked(thats the best way i can describe the noise)and it wont open--anyone know what might be wrong?
    thanks
    rita

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The buddy list does come up similar to a popup. If you have popups being blocked in some security or privacy tool, it will kill the new window that gets created with the buddy list.

Other functions on vBulletin open new popup style windows, such as the "Manage Attachments" window you use when posting to upload a screen shot. Have you ever had problems opening the attachment upload window?

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi lowWaterMark
    this just started today,never had a prob before I dont even have a pop up blocker,just the one that comes with AOL which i've not changed any settings or anything.I havent tried to send an attachment for awhile now.I'll try one in the test forum and see though.thanks for replying
    Rita

4. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

LowwaterMark
    the attachment wont work either so i'm going to disable aol pop up blocker and try it

I disabled the pop up blocker,now it works,dont know why its doing it now and never did before but that was the problem,now its solved
    thanks
    rita

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.