Can't move Unallocated space to C Drive.

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by dan_plus_o, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan_plus_o

dan_plus_o Registered Member

Hello. I have a C and a D Partition. The D is for recovery and was 70GB. It was only using 6GB though so I decreased the sapce in that Partition. Now I have 68GB of unallocated space but I can't seem to get it to go to the C drive.

It doesn't say anything. When I click on the proceed button it shows whats about to happen and says I need to restart my computer. I click on the reboot button and it restarts then loads to a blue screen that does some stuff. It then reboots again after it finishes and goes to windows. I go into My computer but the drives didn't change. I still have 68GB of Unallocated space.

The C drive has the operating system on it, could that be why it won't work?

2. rasmond

rasmond Registered Member

3. dan_plus_o

dan_plus_o Registered Member

I figured it out. I could do it because the unallocated space wasn't near the C Partition. It was Unallocated -> D -> C. Just had to swap D and unallocated around and it worked.

4. rasmond

rasmond Registered Member

Pls Refer to this thread maybe It could help you.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.