Can't move from Starting Acronis Loader ...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BobRus, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobRus

BobRus Guest

Hi,

I have downloaded the trial version as I want to test it before bying four licences for a customer, and I am experiencing some problems. Here it goes:

Install new Win XP SP2
    Install Acronis corporate
    Activate Secure Zone
    Create an image from C to Acronis Secure Zone (stored on a separate partition)
    Modified a few things on C
    Asked for a restore from secure zone to C

Then Acronis tells me the partition C is currently being use and that I should retry later, or reboot, or choose another disk.
    Fair enough I choose a reboot.

The PC gets stuck on message "Starting Acronis Loader" and won't boot up.
    I tried fixmbr and fixboot, nothing would do.

For your information, this is the third time I try on two different machines.

Do I do something wrong ?

Thanks

2. BobRus

BobRus Guest

Hi again

The first attempts I made were on Pentium III en Pentiul 4 and it just did not work.
    I have tried again on a athlon 1800 + and it did the trick without any problem.

I know it is silly to ask, but would true image be only compatible with AMDs ?

Regards

3. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

Power Quest Drive image = Symantec = :doubt: o_O :( :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2005
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BobRus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as described at Acronis Help Post and in case it doesn't help please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling, you can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. Please write down the last few (~10-15) lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investogate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

The problem is definitely not with CPU since Acronis True Image works with Intel and AMD processors. However, there may be a problem that some other hardware prevents Acronis True Image from loading successfully.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.